
According to their tourism website, the African country of Botswana has the largest population of elephants in the world -- over 120,000 of the massive creatures apparently roaming up and down the streets, and even blocking traffic, on occasion.
Today my sassy little sister leaves the safety of the U.S. to travel to this elephant laden country for work. Not only is she going all the way to Africa, but she's also going completely on her own for an entire month. I realize she's now a college graduate and perfectly capable of traveling by herself, but in my heart she will always be my little sister and I will always feel a need to look out for her. How in the world am I supposed to keep her safe over 8,000 miles away? I had a hard enough time not being there for her when she moved to D.C. -- and I was only 100 miles away then!

Too bad airfare costs around $8000! Sorry, Amy, I love you, but you are on your own this time! Make sure you ride an elephant for me, okay?
I think everyone freaking out about me going is making me freak out. I'll be fine.
ReplyDeleteAnd what does it mean, you "had a hard enough time showing me the ropes of D.C.?"
Brittany, I for one am thrilled that you have started a blog. Yes, they can be a pain to update, which is why I update mine so rarely; however, they are a great way to keep tabs on old friends. I'm glad that I can follow what you are up to now. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, a blog. It is a great way to know what people are up to.
ReplyDeleteAfrica wow!
Interesting elephant facts. Maybe Amy will come back with great photos...hopefully she'll share them on her blog and in my favorite way, a photo book which we love having you edit.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you FINALLy started a blog! Why are people in our family going to Africa all of a sudden?
ReplyDeleteA blog!!! Yay! I'm so excited!
ReplyDelete