Thursday, June 18, 2009

One Big Happy Family

My mom just sent me these pictures -- three decades of the Candrian family. They were too good not to share.

1988: Times were so simple back then and I didn't even realize it. I was 7-years-old and my biggest worries were probably whether to flip my bangs out or curl them under . . . Rob probably had no idea that someday he would lose that thick red hair. The things no one tells you when you're that young . . .


1998: 17-years-old and probably 15 lbs lighter (okay, with my recent weight gain it may be more like 25 lbs lighter). Rob left on his mission the next month and when he came back two years later, Amy didn't look like the Amy he used to know . . . Also hopefully we were out of our puka shell necklace stage by the time he got back (probably not though -- I think I hung on to those shell necklaces for years).
2008: Still one big happy family . . . with two new additions (and two more currently on the way).


8 comments:

  1. Two grandchildren to be added by the end of the year...YEA, your Dad & I finally get to be grandparents. I love our family! Didn't realize I'd chosen pictures 10 years apart to scan...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, how I LOVE the first picture!!! : )
    Good ole' times, I didn't realize you had a blog.. till you wrote on mine!! Thanks! I miss you! I just found out your prego-congrats! Being a mom is amazing!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that first picture is awesome! Just reminds me of all the good times we had when were little! Oh my gosh, guess what just came to me....remember that song we made up on the dock at the cabin? We are SO singing that again when all you come in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures!!! Can't wait for the little ones to be added to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing your old family pictures. I forgot about those shell necklaces...super popular back in those days. And I love the latest family picture. You all look great! Congrats on soon to be new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I still have my necklace...don't worry, I don't wear it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I missing something?????????

    ReplyDelete