Friday, March 26, 2010

Fun at the Zoo

James and I both had a first this week. We met our first monkey. Not just saw, but held, cuddled, befriended, etc. an actual uncaged primate. I'm not sure what James thought, but I'm pretty sure he didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

My friend Jana was visiting from her new home in Texas and invited us out to her house, conveniently located at the Richmond Zoo, which her family owns. I know having a baby monkey living at your house is totally normal to them (the poor thing's mother died), but needless to say, it was a new experience for me. It took me awhile to warm up to it (I'm sorry, but I've never so much as touched an actual monkey let alone had one latch onto me with a death grip before!), but once I did, little Zoe had totally won me over (Jana, do you think your mom would mind if I come over to play sometimes?)!

Knowing we'd be at the zoo that day, I strategically dressed JB in his giraffe outfit. Too bad it was cold outside and he had it covered when we got to the actual giraffes.
James had a rough time at the zoo. I'm sure everyone there wanted us to leave, including the animals. When that kid gets going (which is rare), it is enough to make me want to start crying, too. Talk about ear piercing! We tried to stage a photo op with his new friend Lexi (they're only 10 days apart), but they were having none of it . . .
Earlier that week we met up with the Nielsons, Harts, and Shermans for lunch at our favorite cheap Mexican restaurant. What a way to spend a birthday (both Lindsay's and Rebecca's. Ironically, I ate there on my birthday last year, too.)! Lets hope Knoxville has one of these, because I cannot live without good chips and salsa!

10 comments:

  1. james is such a cutie! look at those big eyes. and hello, britt? you look AMAZING! seriously. you had a baby? way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, those monkey pictures are hilarious! James is getting so big, he is so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS, that is the most ADORABLE picture EVER!! I'm so jealous you got to hold a monkey, I used to want one SO bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is magical! I'm tempted to adopt that monkey. You know, because I'm such an expert mother.

    PS- The dual crying babies pic is hilarious. I'm sorry they were having a hard time, but dang they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that monkey! It is SOOO cute! And James is cute too. Obviously. But dang... that monkey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. from Lorena:
    Wow, Brit! Where to begin? That monkey is so funny. What a cool opportunity! I love the crying babies pic. That other kid has hair to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still think James is much more adorable than the monkey...but what a unique picture. Too bad he won't remember meeting this money. Definately a unique experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pictures! It looks like you and JB had a ton of fun. And that little primate was just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. James is getting so big!! What a darling little monkey, what a cool thing to be able to hold it. Looks like it liked you :) You have to tell me about a good mexican restaurant here, I have been missing our good mexican restaurant back home. Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brittany,
    I just had the funniest experience reading this blog post!

    I am sure that you never out this together, but Nate Sherman is actually from Roy where I live. His parents are in my ward and live about 3-4 houses away from me! That is so funny that you and Brian are there going to school with he and Rebbecca!

    Good Luck on your move!!

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete