But messy or not, if this boy is happy, so am I!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
A few of his favorite things . . .
The little man has a thing with shoes lately--especially sandals and Nikes--so this morning I finally pulled out the Nikes my parents gave him months ago and let him try them on. They still don't fit but they sure looked cute. I swear, he's looking less like a baby and more and more like a little boy every passing day (he's finally getting hair, but still no teeth). He has started pulling himself up onto things (anything!) and trying to stand. This results in a lot of falls, which don't deter him at all, but consequently result in half a dozen or so mini heart attacks for me.
And, of course, I had to throw in a shot of his classic lower lip bite . . .
His favorite foods seem to be sweet potatoes and a pear/rice cereal combo. I love giving him new foods to try but since he'll eat absolutely everything we give him, I can't wait until he can tell me what he actually likes. The little rascal is so hard to feed these days. Every time I point the spoon in his direction he grabs ahold of it as quickly and tightly as he can and then I have to fight him to get it back. By the end of the meal, we are both usually covered in baby food slime. Fun times. I have finally concluded that kids are just messy and there isn't a lot you can do about it at this age.

But messy or not, if this boy is happy, so am I!
But messy or not, if this boy is happy, so am I!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SOOOOOOO cute! So amazing how each little one is different, we have only gotten shoes on Connor once without him crying :) And still no teeth for our almost 11 month old! Brittany, your little guy is just so precious, wish I could hold him right now!
ReplyDeleteHe's adorable. One thing we did that helped with feeding time was giving Fae a extra spoon for her to hold. Yes she still grabbed ours and still made messes but I felt like it helped. Miss you guys. I'm going back to VA to watch my siblings again in Sept. Wish you'd be there so I could see you.
ReplyDeleteCome back and his grandmother will feed him again and try to not mind them mess.
ReplyDeleteOh look at him! His hair is starting to grow!! It almost makes him unrecognizable. Oh, how I miss that cute kid! Can't wait to see him in a few weeks!
ReplyDeletefrom Lorena: Cute pics! He does seem to look older even from when we saw him just a month ago. I can't believe in such a short time he has already developed so much - crawling and pulling himself up. Fun!
ReplyDeleteOh that lower lip bite! What a handsome kid.
ReplyDeleteHe is so handsome and adorable!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cute little guy! I love the pictures of him feeding himself, too funny!
ReplyDeleteDarling. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteMan, I miss that little guy. When will both of us have enough money that we can go hang out in Memphis for a weekend? Let's plan a date soon, I want to see you guys.
ReplyDeleteOh dear goodness he's cute! He's so much bigger! Ahh I miss ya'll!!!!
ReplyDeleteGive him his own spoon then use one to feed him. It worked with Miles and Colemania.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhh!
ReplyDeleteJames is soooo dang cute! How are you settling in to your new digs? We still have a ton of boxes to unpack. Ugh, I hate moving!
ReplyDeleteOh my little James...he is just so cute. I love his lower lip bite. We miss you guys. We need to come visit you guys soon and vice versa. ;)
ReplyDelete