Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back Home

Last weekend, James and I took the quickest trip of our lives (less than 48 hours) and flew to D.C. As we were finally landing at DCA (I hate layovers!), I turned to James and said without thinking "We're home!!!" Because I truly felt like I was. 

And then I got choked up. I kinda got attached when I lived there. I know it better and feel more comfortable there than I do my present living environment. And I know happiness doesn't have a zip code, but man was I happy there. If only I could convince Brian that he could be happy there, too . . .

 See? Even James is happy there!
Anyway, the National Book Festival was taking place the weekend we were there (partly why we went) and I've only missed it once in the last six years. I just love this festival. My goal (very long-term) is to speak as an author there. Some day . . .

Anyone who has ever seen PBS Kids is probably familiar with "Steve Songs." Some of the songs are annoying and others are quite catchy ("line, line, circle, circle," anyone?). We happened to stumble across THE Steve singing said songs and Jamers was in heaven dancing along. 
 Oh, and this guy, too. We're kind of familiar with him at our house.

And then there was family time, another main reason we made the quick trip. Not only does my sister live in D.C., but my parents would be visiting as well. Jamers had a grand old time soaking up attention from his grandparents and aunt. 

D.C., we'll be back. Soon, I hope. Next time we'll take a direct flight, though.

3 comments:

  1. Does Brian hates Jamers BYU shirt? :)

    So sad I couldn't join you, I miss that place, too. I agree, it definitely feels more like home than OKC does, and I only lived there for two years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, Steve Songs! Maybe I would like him better if I saw him in person, he seems really short. I wanna come next year..... Like seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian: I loved his shirt in this picture, I'm sure you picked it out. Good choice. -France

    hahahah. Brit! I WISH I could have gone with you to the book festival again, this time I would have been more eloquent when meeting Shannon Hale though. Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete