So, where are we headed? Knoxville, Tennessee. Crazy. I never thought I'd live that far south in a million years. Was it my first choice? No. But it was Brian's and it makes me happy/proud of him that his years of hard work paid off to get him exactly where he wanted to be. The good news is that we have family there (for another year anyway--but maybe they'll love living by us so much they'll change their minds and stay longer?) and that makes a huge difference wherever you go. The bad news is that I'll be leaving my precious Virginia behind. I'll probably cry for a good few months until I adjust to life in a new state. But, it shouldn't take long when the city has views like this (it reminds me of Richmond):

I guess moving there also means I'll have to start pretending I'm interested in football--these people are obsessed with their football team!

Ready or not, Tennessee, here we come! Please be kind to us!
CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! How exciting to know where your next adventure will take you.
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm obviously disappointed that you aren't coming to Chi-town, I'm sure you'll find lots to love in TN. Out of curiosity, why was it Brian's top pick? I'm guessing because of the program there or did he really want to go to Knoxville?
ReplyDeletePlease don't take James away from me! I don't think I could handle it!
ReplyDeleteWe knew you guys were good! Thanks so much for letting us know today! We are soooo excited for you!!!! Too bad we will be so far apart!
ReplyDeleteYEAH! Can't wait for all the cousin play dates and trips to J crew and btw I will join in the campaign to get trader joes here-there is no Costco either and I miss that one a lot more than I thought I would. There is one in Nashville so we can plan a few trips there! Can't wait! Miles was so happy his cousin James was moving here-he thought it was just because he lived here!
ReplyDeleteYes, I too had a wish list when we moved and I didn't get either one (Whole Foods and Trader Joes). Oh well! I'm excited for you! Its the beginning of the end right? That's what I told myself when we moved to Portland and it went by so fast. When do you leave? I need to call you...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! There was no doubt Brian would match. That will be fun to live by family for a year (though sad to leave your sisters) and hopefully make the transition a little easier. I'm sure you'll end up loving Tennessee, but like you, I'll be bawling when we leave VA too.
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting!! I am excited for you guys!! Josh and I lived in Nashville, TN for awhile and we fell in love with it there. Which is surprising b/c we don't even like country music, lol!! If it was closer to the West and family we would consider moving there permanently actually. It's was beautiful, with green rolling hills, great weather, and the great people. If will be an adjustment, but if you ever want to come back to visit you are always welcome to stay with us :) Off to a new adventure soon :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You guys will do great...best of luck in your new adventure!
ReplyDeleteIt should have been Oklahoma, but that's ok, I'm still "excited" for you...I guess! :)
ReplyDeleteHooray!!! We're so happy for you. I'm sure TN will win you over in no time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you guys! Tennessee is one of my favorite states when it comes to majestic beauty! What a great experience for you guys, and a great excuse for me to go out and visit!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAs for shopping, thank goodness for online stores :)
It would have been nice if you stayed here, so that we could have you nearby for another year, but we are so excited for you guys! Congrats! We want to visit!
ReplyDeletehey - jane johnson's sister here. i saw a comment you made on her blog and followed it. sorry to be a dork! anyhoo... just saw that you are moving to TN. We lived in Memphis and it was a fun adventure. But we had some friends who just loved, loved, loved Knoxville. They were so sad to leave Tennessee. Plus it is so beautiful on the Eastern side of Tennessee. Anyhoo... best wishes on your move. I hope you love it.
ReplyDeleteJust made a long comment and then Ian came and turned off the computer before I posted it! Anyhow congratulations on matching. I am sure you will adjust quickly. I understand about needing Trader Joes. I required a TJ's and a temple and got both less than 2 miles away, not too bad Devan if I say so myself! :) I wish there was an oral surgery residency in ABQ so you could move here!
ReplyDelete