Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Countdown to nursery . . .

James had his 15 mos check-up this week (3 more months until nursery!). To celebrate, he (and I) came down with a nasty case of the stomach flu. Just as I was starting to pride myself on the fact that he's only been sick twice in his entire life (both times in Utah), he came down with the flu. Go figure. Anyway, to celebrate his 15 month existence, here are a few of his favorite things.

James LOVES hats. He loves to say "hat," he loves to hold them, loves to put them on other people, but he does not like to wear them himself. Oh, and he also adores his dad. Here's a shot of Brian being a good sport:

James also loves to "tickle, tickle." Usually when he wakes up from a nap, as soon as I pick him up he'll put his arms around me and say "tickle, tickle" and start tickling my neck. He and Brian get in tickle wars almost daily.
James is starting to really love animals. His favorites are dogs and cats but he also loves birds, which he calls "caws" (because whenever we see them I tell him that's the sound they make). We went to Gatlinburg the other day (so overrated, in my opinion) and James had a good time chasing the pigeons. He freaked out when they flew away though. It was a combo of hilarious and so sad--he'd crouch down, put his hands over his head, and scream at the top of his lungs. He put on quite the show and had a crowd watching him after awhile.

His last favorite thing is his mother, of course. As sad as it was to see him sick this week, I kinda liked that I was the only thing he wanted the whole week. Of course, I'd take him being healthy any day. One reason I love this picture (ignore my weirdo look) is because it's one of the few pics where I think James looks like a Candrian. No offense to the Richmans, who are all nice looking. I just look for every excuse to think James is more like my side of the family.

James' growing is slowing down. In the last 3 months he only gained a couple pounds (although I swear he's gained 10) and he's grown about an inch and a half. He's now in the 35th percentile for weight (also mind-blogging to me) but the 65th for height.

6 comments:

  1. I love that he loves hats... on other people. So funny!

    What a cute kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, James, he will have fun in nursery...but 3 months is still a while. Just teach him to sit on a little chair and drink out of a real cup instead of one of those sippy cups. The nursery people will love you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you forgot to mention how much he loves his aunts, even if he's not really sure who we are or what that even means! :) Love that little man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little James is so cute. Oh, that last stretch until nursery. We are already starting the countdown with my Hudson, and he is only eight-months-old. And your deals are amazing. How did you do that diaper deal and where did you discover that stroller deal--really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a cute boy. I am amazed at how fast they grow.

    We need to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete