Go ahead and call me a bad mom. I was. We were on the deck planting tomatoes and I thought James was right next to me digging in the dirt. When I looked over I was horrified when I saw him heading toward the stairs. I yelled at him to stop, knowing perfectly well he has never obeyed that command before, but praying he would this time. He didn't. He took one look back at me and thought it was a game and rushed forward. I ran to him as fast as I could only to see the inevitable happen. I'm just grateful we don't have more stairs because I know it could have been so much worse (this came the day after his little cousin Coleman broke his collar bone--so I KNOW it could have been worse).
This picture doesn't do it justice. He had a huge blue and purple knot at the top of his head and bloody scrapes all down the side. I tried to clean it up and added some Neosporin to it (thus the shine).
It always amazes me how fast kids heal. Today it's already looking better. He's still got a huge blue knot and a few bad cuts on his face and a few scraped up knuckles on his hands, but as you can see, he thoroughly enjoyed his yogurt this morning and is doing just fine.
I don't know if I should laugh or just feel sorry for little Jamers? He's still cute with scratches all over him though. Maybe it was a lesson learned, for him, not you. :) Ha, oh that boy!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I had no idea he took a spill! That kills me! I am almost in tears over here! I hope he didn't break anything!
ReplyDeleteOH, poor James AND Brittany!!! I'm sorry! James isn't the only one though. Patrick still tries to walk face first down the stairs, I'm just lucky enough that I've caught him. It won't be too long before they're trading war (stair) stories!
ReplyDeleteSo sad! Poor little guy. At least he didn't break anything.
ReplyDeleteOH. mY. GOODNESS. I can't believe how cute he is even when he's all scraped up!!!! Oh Brit! I he's so cool! I miss you so much!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sad...it makes me want to hold him and kiss him until he's all better. Have you ever tried to safety pin his bib on? Give it a try and let me know how that works.
ReplyDeleteOH MY goodness! Poor little guy! hope he feels better soon
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad James is okay - and of course cute as ever as he's eating his yogurt. So sorry this happened but grateful all is well!
ReplyDeletePoor little guy! Kade is the same way. He loves stairs and he's fast. Makes me so nervous! But glad he's ok. He's such a cutie!
ReplyDelete