We're loving the spring sunshine these days and are trying to get outside more. James is currently quite into animals. He also goes through word phases and I'm loving seeing his verbal evolution so far. A few months ago he was all about the names of animals and everywhere we went it was "daw" (dog) or "cat" or something else. Since then, "daw" has evolved to "dog" and then the current "doggie" and "cat" is now "kitty cat." Most of the time though, instead of saying their name, he just wants to make their noises. More than once he's woken up from his nap meowing (he's also got mooing, barking, and naying down to an art). So naturally, we figured he would love the zoo. Hmm. Or not. He kinda liked it, but mostly he was a little bit of a chicken, no pun intended. He clung onto us tighter than I've ever seen him and really only seemed to enjoy the monkey exhibit.
We also headed out to a new park where James discovered his love for sandboxes and digging in the dirt. We used to give him a bath every other day and now sometimes it's twice a day. The boy loves his dirt.
Here's James and his best bud Coleman. I love watching them copy each other. If one of them has a sippy cup, the other one has to have one. If one of them has a certain snack, the other has to have it. If one of them is playing with blocks, well, you get the idea . . .
Concentrating really hard . . .
And lastly, I'm not shy about letting my kid try new foods. I'll be the first to admit I probably give him more sugar than I should. His latest love is chocolate pudding, which I justify because it is also a good source of calcium! He can't get enough of it, as you can see here:
Using it as finger paint. . .
Going in for the dip . . .
Giving it a taste . . .
Loving it!
Oh my, what a messy boy!
ReplyDeleteI miss that little boy. I love how much he talks, it's nuts at 15 months. I guess we know where he got all of his brains from. :)
ReplyDeleteOh dear he is the cutest little dude ever!!!!! How is it possible that I haven't seen you guys in almost a year!!! WHAT!??!?!
ReplyDeleteDarling boy!
ReplyDeletelove, love, LOVE IT! I want him and Tucker to be best friends. I can already see Tucker just following his lead and them totally getting into all sorts of trouble together!
ReplyDelete