Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Southern Storms

I'll be the first to admit that this blog is far more boring than I ever intended it to be. I can't say I always hated blogs like this, because I usually didn't read blogs like this. As soon as I saw it was a post of another person's kids on yet another holiday or outing, I usually skipped over them. Cuz, booooring! So, so boring. And that's what I've become.


All I can promise you is this: My laptop and camera are both dying slow deaths. Since we can't afford new ones, after they have passed on, it'll be at least three more years before you hear from me again.

Oh, and to all my maybe five loyal readers out there, I promise this won't be another kid post.

So, a storm rolled through the South a couple of weeks ago. A really ugly, loud and vicious storm. Our house wasn't spared. See these beautiful flowers? Well, they don't exist any more.




Here's what is left of them:




All thanks to these decimating chunks of ice. Marble size, golf ball size, and even tennis ball size. I never knew hail like this was possible.
Here's what that hail did to the side of our house. There are about 20 or so holes like this.

We had leaks come through our kitchen and garage. Brian was up half the night in the kitchen emptying pots of water. Now nearly every house in our neighborhood, including our's, is sporting one of these bad boys. Gotta love a neighborhood full of blue-tarped roofs.

Despite all the damage, we were lucky. Nearly every other house in our neighborhood had broken windows, even more water damage, and cars with broken windshields, broken mirrors, and dents beyond repair.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad nothing more serious happened to you guys. It was really stormy here today and John was so afraid we'd get hail like that. Luckily, we were spared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could see all those storms heading north from Alabama, and I totally thought of you guys! I'm so glad you're safe, but the damage is still no fun at all.

    I hope and pray your computer stays alive. How will we ever keep in touch?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kid posts. :) That hail is huge, so glad you got a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete