Today is my fourth wedding anniversary. To celebrate, Brian is at work. It's the third year in a row he's had to spend it working at the hospital. But, to my surprise he was able to escape for lunch and we celebrated at our favorite restaurant.
He's been working hard lately. Poor guy. He can hardly sit down for 10 seconds before he's sound asleep.

Jamers is still lighting up our lives and providing endless entertainment. He's getting pretty good at constructing actual sentences and it's hilarious to hear the things he comes up with. His most common sentence so far is this (which he repeated at least five times today): "I scared of bears! Bears are scary. Rrrraaar!" Lesson learned this week: no more reading "Going on a Bear Hunt" before bedtime for awhile. The poor kid really is terrified.
Today, on the way to Target, while we were stopped at a red light, he blurted out "Get out of way, cars! Honk, honk!" I laughed so hard. I guess that's a sign that I need to work on my road rage.
I love getting packages (I won't complain if anyone wants to send one). So does Jamers. It's the simple stuff that's always the most entertaining.

Oh, and look, he has HAIR! Yay!

So this next picture will make me look like a bad mom. And sometimes I am. I won't deny it. Case in point: My kid has a thing for chips and I often oblige. However, I don't normally (or ever) let him have the entire bag. I usually just give him one or two small ones and that satisfies him for the day. The other day, however, while I was making lunch he asked for a chip and I pulled out the bag, handed him one and then set the bag on the counter out of reach. Or so I thought. Five minutes later I noticed it was rather quiet so I went to see what he was up to and found this:

Watch out! This kid is now tall enough to reach things on the edge of the counter. Yikes. . .
I miss that cute, little boy. And I think the bear thing is kinda funny. :)
ReplyDeletefrom Lorena:
ReplyDeleteHilarious stuff from JB. So funny what you find out goes through their head when they can talk so young!
Poor Brian (and you) - sounds like an exhausting time right now. But no one will be crying for you years from now when you are living the gooooood life as a result of all this schooling.
Haha, I like Lorena's comment. It's true, perhaps we feel "bad" for you right now, but our pitting you won't last for very long. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary. I love that little boy, I want to see him (and you) SO bad!