One week to go . . .
I'm most nervous about James. Will he adjust okay? Will he be nice to the baby? He's so attached to me. How am I going to get by without picking him up for 6 weeks? It seems an impossible task.
I am feeling huge these days and several people have commented this week that I look ready to pop and that I look like I have a basketball stuck in my shirt. Today I realized that's exactly what I look like. Awesome.
Up until 2-3 weeks ago, I was thinking I was much smaller than I was at this point with James and feeling pretty good about that. The baby must have had a major growth spurt because I gained 4 lbs at my last doc appointment and my stomach is protruding even more. I'm now up to a 25 lb weight gain for this pregnancy which is exactly what I gained with James, too.
February was a great month and there were a lot of things I just didn't get photos of, including an awesome baby shower thrown by some great friends. It's not common to get a second baby shower back in Utah, so I was super grateful for all the support from friends and ward members here in Tennessee.
Andrea and Nicki also visited and sometimes a visit from two of your favorite people is just what you need.
My emotions have been running super high the last few weeks. Today I had a minor meltdown after some things James did (and I'm sure my lack of sleep the last 9 months has something to do with it. It's amazing what sleep or a lack of can do to you mentally) that frustrated me. After James saw my tears he climbed up on my lap and kissed me and said "I'll tell you what we'll do, Mom. We'll go to the park, feed the ducks, and go down the slide. Will that make it better?" Oh, James. I sure do love that boy.
hahaha, did he really say that to you? That's hilarious! I'm so excited to see you next week. Hot dang, you're having another baby!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOH dear... now I am dying to know what Jamers did. Do tell.
ReplyDeleteHang in there... just a few more days.
That is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteSweet little James.
ReplyDeleteThat made me laugh...have Brian take a photo of you going down the slides today to make you feel better! I want to see your basketball looking body.
ReplyDelete