Monday, March 19, 2012

My Baby Girl

 

Alivia Richman 
 March 16, 2012 at 8:33 a.m.
7lbs 3oz
21.25 inches long


I can't believe that at one time I wasn't excited to have a girl. Or that I couldn't imagine what love for another child would be like. 
This little girl has completely won my heart. 

 I was also so worried about James' ability to handle all of this change. And while it's not all daisies and roses, James sure loves his little sister, too. My heart melts when I see him give her kisses, ask if she can come with us to get a drink of water from the kitchen, or ask to hold her, etc.

I'm glad everything else is going better than expected, because I'm not going to lie, this time around my body isn't handling it so well. With James, my c-section was a breeze and the pain was minimal. This time around I feel like my body was torn in half and the pain meds just can't keep up. I hurt. I have to keep reminding myself that it has only been three days since they cut me open and pulled a baby out of me.

Thank you, little Livy for making it worth it.

17 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to hear you are hurting so much! I hope you feel better quickly and just keep looking at that sweet baby girl to remind yourself it was all worth it. She truly is beautiful and we're so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys! She is adorable...girls are just so much fun!! I am really hoping that our can be friends some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I can be out here to help you out, I'm pretty sure you have some of the most adorable kids around! Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious! She and James totally look like sister and brother... super cute.

    I'm so sorry recovery is rough so far! I hope your pain meds start helping more stat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture makes me melt every time I look at it. Such cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! She is soooooo beautiful, and I LOVE her name! Congrats!!! way to go! xoxox love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you are not feeling the greatest, hopefully you heal up soon. Livy is such a pretty baby! I hope my girl has some hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so so so sooooooooo happy for the Richmans!!! Welcome baby Livy. She is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you guys! I'm sorry the recovery isn't fun... wishing you the best. Can't wait to hear more of the details soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is stunning. I can't wait to meet her. Sorry you are hurting. I imagine it is a pretty big thing for your body to heal from. If I can help in any way please let me know. She is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those little lips are just perfect. I love hearing about the love in new-baby families! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks so adorable and cuddly. Sorry recovery stinks so bad this time! Hopefully you are starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is absolutely adorable! Hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, she is so darling and cute! I am so sorry that the recovery has been awful though, I can't even imagine what that would feel like. I hope you get feeling better soon and everything is going well. I can't believe that James is a big brother, he looks pretty excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my sweet darling!!! Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful and is the perfect addition to your family! I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete