Friday, December 14, 2012

Month Nine and Sleep Still Not Mine

My sweet little nearly nine month old has decided that waking up two times at night is no longer enough. She's now at four times. FOUR. What the!?!

My only comfort has been knowing that she has good naps, consistently 2-3 hours each. But that is not to be either. She decided to stop that last week. Her new norm is 45 minutes to maybe an hour and a half. HELP! I seriously might go insane.

Before we left for Chicago last month, she was starting to only wake up once a night (you know the thing that most babies do, if that). Then traveling messed that up and life hasn't been the same since.

Seriously, what do I do? Letting her scream for hours in her crib all night long hasn't helped and is even more torturous.

Oh, Livy. You're so cute though.


This is what happens when you never get enough sleep so you rub your eyes while you eat . . .


Here she and James are being rascals. James was walking around wearing Brian's puffer vest telling everyone he was Santa Claus.

On a bright note, as you can see, she remains as cute as ever. She's also hilarious. She mimics everything we do, loves to wave goodbye to us as she crawls away, crawls at an alarmingly fast pace, pulls up onto everything and even stands on her own occasionally.  I predict she'll be walking within the next few weeks. Yikes!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... what a little rascal! Her eyes sure are pretty though! Can't wait to see her and attempt to rock her to sleep. Or keep her awake. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry sis, I wish I could help. Remember how bad she was at mom and dad's, Preston is acting like that right now, and I calculated that he's the same age now that she was then. Maybe it's some annoying growth spurt she's going through and will be over it in a week. Here's to hoping, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We traveled with Carly at 5 months and she did the same thing, from sleeping through the night to waking up ALL THE TIME. I swore I'd never go anywhere again. And now we are going to Idaho for Christmas with TWO babies, 1 who sleeps through the night and the other who wakes up once. I'm begging for trouble. Hopefully she'll just ease back into a routine; it took Carly about a month, I think. Wish I had actual advice, but I don't :) But you're right about her being cute, so that helps, right?

    ReplyDelete