Chicago. Before two weeks ago, I'd only been to the airport. We decided to tag along with Brian at the last minute, so I hadn't done my research and wasn't
entirely sure what to expect. Brian spent a few weeks there during
dental school and said it was a lot like New York, so I was pleasantly
surprised to find that it was a lot better than New York: cleaner,
newer, safer feeling, etc. Hanging out on my own with two kids in a new city was somewhat intimidating, but overall we all had a great time and loved it. Hopefully we'll be back next year.
Here's Livy sitting ever so patiently in her stroller while James ran around the park with a bunch of daycare groups. We were there for two hours and he was so confused when every 20 minutes a new group of ten kids would leave all at once and five minutes later a new one would return, all wearing matching shirts.
Brian's dental conference was in a great part of town, right by the Magnificent Mile and waterfront. Maybe some day I'll be able to go back and afford to shop there.
While there, we met up with the Davis family, old dental school friends/neighbors who now live in Chicago. It was fun to see them and I loved meeting their sweet little girl.
Here we are at the Bean. Whenever people would tell me I had to see it, I couldn't figure out why a bean would be so cool. They were right though. It's pretty awesome.
Mr. Jamers indulging my request for a picture:
And here's Livy and I. That poor girl had about had it with that dang stroller and snow suit by the time we left.



Chicago is cool! Are you guys thinking of moving there when he is done with school? I lived there for a summer (well, Naperville) and it was such a great place. So much flavor.
ReplyDeleteJames and Livy are adorable!
Glad you had fun. Was it fun enough that you'd go back in a year and meet up with us!? :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time and yes, isn't the Bean fantastic?! I love that thing. Sorry to have missed you this time, but one of these days we've got to plan a meet-up before we scatter out of the Midwest/South!
ReplyDeleteit was so fun to see you guys! I'm glad you had fun and didn't freeze!
ReplyDeleteI love Livy's face in that first picture. She is cute! James is such a little man with his button coat on. Cute kids! Have you found a place for work yet?
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, so beyond adorable. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my new post and latest style column for LaurenConrad.com. xo
ReplyDeletewww.fashboulevard.blogspot.com