Friday, March 22, 2013

My Baby...

 
Turned ONE last week!
 
It was a super crazy day filled with a gazillion (at least) last minute wedding reception preparations for my sister-in-law. So we didn't get to have a party for her, watch her stuff her face with cake, sing to her, or any of those memorable first birthday things.
 
Obviously, she didn't know or care, but it still totally broke my heart that we couldn't devote more of the day just for celebrating her. What made me the most sad was that every time a special day rolls around for us we are always without any family, so that is all I wish for. This time, however, we were actually with tons of family and we still didn't get to do anything special for her. Can you tell I was totally bummed about this? Sorry little girl. I'll make it up to you some how.
 
Here's some fun pics of the birthday girl that totally capture her sweet personality . . .

(In the tub at my parent's house.)

 (On our way to Ashley's wedding reception. I am in dire need of a major haircut.)


(She still will eat just about anything. How do I keep her doing this and stop her from turning out like her brother?)
 
At one, Livy totally melts my heart on a daily basis. Probably because she loves me more than anyone and gives me a hundred hugs a day and breaks into a smile whenever she sees me. She no longer looks just like her brother--she has turned into her own little person. I am in awe daily at how beautiful she is. Her sleep is slowly improving (knock on wood). She is a great napper (two a day, usually two hours each) and is developing quite the sense of humor. We sure love her.

2 comments:

  1. That lace headband in the second picture reminds me of a garter, but she's still cute. I love that little girl! One day I hope she loves me back and isn't scared of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We celebrated, just a day or two, or three too late. I'm sorry we didn't celebrate the day I got there. Love her!

    ReplyDelete