
I'm probably the only one who finds this interesting, but this is my blog so I get to post what I want . . . NBC's Brian Williams is doing an exclusive "behind the scenes" look at the Obama White House tonight, so ahead of the interview NBC has created an "interactive" White House on its website. Check it out:
You can click on any room to see a 3-D view of how it currenty looks. I find it odd that the Bush Administration is continually bashed by the current President and yet he chose to keep the Oval Office decor exactly the same as President Bush had it (apparently he loves the way it looks). Traditionally, an incoming President chooses to have it completely redecorated, if for no other reason than as a symbol of the change of power. You'd think with everything else he's changing he'd want that changed, too.
I know Brian doesn't miss this place -- while we were dating I dragged him on more West Wing tours than anyone should have to endure -- but I have to admit that even two years later, looking at pictures of that place makes me feel a little homesick.
I got to go back a couple of months ago (when I volunteered at the White House Egg Roll) and it made me realize that half of what I loved about the White House environment was the people there. Take those people out of the equation and it's not the same. Needless to say, as I walked out of the White House gate that evening surrounded by new staff with a new political agenda, I took one glance behind me and told myself I'd be back . . . but not for at least 4 more years.
You just never know, you might be back sooner than you think!!! I miss DC right now...and you!
ReplyDeleteI watched that NBC special last night. It was interesting!
ReplyDeleteLove the website...and I didn't know you HAVE A BLOG!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved being with you in DC. You still have all the best connections to great tourist sites and events. Thanks! xoxo
ReplyDelete