Out of all the advice I've received over the past few months, why didn't anyone warn me about the potential hazards that carrying around a car seat (already 10 lbs on its own) with a 10 lb infant (yes, he's already 10 lbs at 6 weeks old) can cause to an already bad back? I'm probably just publicizing what a huge whimp I am, but really, that should come as no surprise. Seriously, I feel like one of those characters in a cartoon/movie who leans forward to pick something up and arches out in pain "Oh my back!!!" because their back has just gone out! I thought you had to be a 50-year-old man for that to happen (sorry, Dad!).
Oh-well, at least this little guy is happy and I suppose that's all that matters . . .
Ooooh, just you wait, it only gets worse. We have one of those extra-big carseats that goes up to 30 pounds and the thought of carrying him at that weight makes me want to cry! He's about 16 pounds already...
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear where you match!
I hear you on the carseat. How are your wrists feeling? At 6 weeks was probably when mine hurt the worst, especially when lugging around that baby and carseat. Hope your wrists are better!! Your little bundle of joy is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he is six weeks already! Can't wait to see how big and cute he is. As far as your back goes...I highly recommend a back massage by a professional. It's worth every penny!!
ReplyDeletewhat a great picture..he's a cutie pie. oh yes, the backaches. i have had to dutifully go to the chiropractor ever since i got pregnant...and now i need it even more. my guy is in the 97th percentile...so it kills me to carry him around. he's a chunk.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute picture...I hope he will smile lots for his grandparents when we come to take care of him!
ReplyDeleteAHHHH, cute smile! :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should put his car seat on the stroller?! :) Can't wait to see him this weekend.
ReplyDeleteahh! That picture is ADORABLE! cute baby James!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to see him on Sunday, he is so cute!!!! Don't worry I had the same problem, but after while it seemed my muscles and stamina of carrying it got bigger and better. Soon you will be carrying it around like it's nothing :) Look on the bright side you are getting in a workout any time you take them anywhere :)
ReplyDelete