
My incredibly talented and beautiful cousin Jill was kind enough to make mine and Brian's wedding cake a few years ago. In all honesty, it was one of the best professionally made cakes I have ever had and I was really sad when I found out the entire thing was served to our guests and we didn't have a piece to save for our anniversary (I know what you're thinking--everyone tells me how gross the cake is after a year in the freezer, but I still wanted to try it!). Because I may have a thing for chocolate, I had her make a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. Because Brian may have a thing for raspberries, she decorated it beautifully with the big red berries (see the picture above). I tell you this because in the last three years, Jill has only become better at this cake making/decorating thing and has even started her own business. If I were in Utah I would probably buy a cake from her weekly, because I love cake and I also love Jill. So, all you people out there in the Beehive State, check out Jill's cake blog. You could even win a free cake!
I remember it was so hot in the reception center (LaJardin) because 3 of their swamp coolers broke that the cake started to get lopsided and melt so we hurried and had you cut the cake before it completely toppled over!
ReplyDelete