As soon as I start really liking a product, without fail the company that produces it will discontinue it almost immediately. Here are a few of those favorite things:
Blistex Spa Effects chapsticks (These were awesome. They came in a three-pack, blue, green, and yellow and all had a hint of eucaliptis and tropical fruit, but not cheap plastic-tasting fruit. Nothing but yummy goodness. I still have two of them and dread when they're gone).
Bath and Body Works daffodil fields lotion (Have you ever smelled a daffodil? They stink. Like really stink. But this lotion had the mildest, non-flowery smell and I loved it)
Loreal Shine Delice Coconut Craze lipstick (I'm a sucker for lip products. Probably because I feel like if I don't put anything on, I look like I just rolled out of bed. This shade was my favorite of all times. Loreal doesn't make any shine delice products any longer, but a few are still available on Ebay and Amazon--not this one unfortunately).
Pushing Daisies TV series (This was clever. So very clever. There was nothing else like it on TV. Although I do admit, the plot line could only go so far).
Arrested Development TV series. Funny, funny stuff. If you haven't watched it, you may not know what real humor is. Buster is my favorite.
These ones go way back . . .
Nabisco Quackers crackers. Although I was a goldfish crackers kid growing up, I remember these crackers being so much more flavorful and delicious. They came in cheddar and sour cream and chive and I ate them by the boxful.
PBMaxx cookies. These were square with a thick cookie layer, tons of peanut butter and covered in chocolate. I remember them only coming with 4 in a box and not lasting long at our house. My mom always hid them in a special lower snack cupboard behind our kitchen island and when I thought no one else was around I would sit behind the island and eat them in secret. All of them. And then instead of throwing the box away, I'd just leave it in the cupboard hoping no one would know it was me that ate them all. I'm not sure of the logic behind that one.
General Mills Ice Cream Cone Cereal. I just remember these being super fun to eat and super delicious. If I close my eyes I can still taste it.
Cookies and Creme Twix: There are rumors that this is back, but I have yet to see it in any store. Growing up, we lived just a couple blocks from a Dan's grocery store, so during the summers we would walk up almost daily and waste our money on something we didn't need. Like a whole box of twixes (back when they sold them in boxes) that I would devore all by myself.
Lifesaver Holes: I think these were short-lived. They were probably pointless, but I thought they were the coolest candy ever and I got so excited buying the little canister they came in. I'm having a harder and harder time even finding regular packs of lifesavers in stores these days.
Crystal Pepsi: This was a dumb thing to like. I didn't even like regular Pepsi and I still don't. I just remember these was possibly the first items I ever bought from a vending machine. Andrea and I used to get them in middle school and we thought they were the best things ever. We were such nerds.
Okay, here's a really random/funny one . . . Swan's Crossing: I'm proud to say I have never watched a soap opera in my life--unless you count this show. It was somewhat of a soap opera for kids, starring Sarah Michelle-Gellar and some other 90s teens stars. They do some random dance to a song called "Gotta Grow Up" in the intro that I just re-watched on youtube and totally remember thinking was the coolest. Ahhh, memories!
Please share your favorite things--I'd love to hear them!
Maxx mascara, it was my favorite, and sadly it's discontinued now.
ReplyDeleteDo you remember that soda machine at Dan's? You'd buy the soda bottle, any size you wanted, and you got to choose any random flavor of soda to go in it?
Also, I really miss pudding pops. You can find them occasionally at Wal-Mart, I've never seen them here, but they were in the Wal-Mart in Provo. I LOVED pudding pops!
I don't remember half of the things you said were from your childhood. I must have been too little.