Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Best Buds, Broken Toes, and More Bargains

Easter weekend, Andrea came to visit. James instantly had a new best bud. We took a little visit to the Smokies, to the zoo, and played outside a ton. We had a great time. Now almost daily Jamers hands me my phone and asks for "Andea."

If one family member visiting wasn't awesome enough, a couple of days later my dad came to visit. James instantly had another new best bud. We went to the zoo, the children's museum, and played outside, of course. James sobbed when his grandpa had to leave (good thing we flew out to Oklahoma this past weekend to see him again. I'll post about that later since I'm still waiting for someone to email me pictures!).




His grandpa bought him a new San Francisco Giants shirt, which he now wears a ton.



On Easter, Brian caught James trying to eat his entire basket full of chocolate eggs. Brian chased him around the house trying to get the eggs back and he cried and cried when Brian finally caught him and took it away.



Nothing digging in the dirt can't fix!



A couple weeks ago I was my typical clumsy self and broke my toe. It swelled up a ton and was purple and blue for days. Unfortunately, keeping a pinky toe protected is hard to do. It's too swollen to fit into a shoe and James (and other family members!) steps on it almost daily, causing it to reswell every time. Fun times!






Total change of subject . . . it has been hard for me to stick to a grocery budget. I like saving money, but I also love good food and I hate restrictions! But I've made myself do it and am finally starting to see big results. Last week I had my best grocery shopping trip ever. A lady in line behind me even applauded. I was kind of embarrassed but I saved a ton of money and got a ton of groceries. I spent $26 on nearly $140 worth of groceries, for a savings of over 80%. It included 16 cans of vegetables, 12 boxes of pasta, 4 cans of pasta sauce, 8 cans of soup, 8 bags of potato chips, 2 packs of razers, 2 packs of sponges, 4 boxes of granola bars, 4 tubs of butter, 2 packs of seasonings, 2 bags of rice, 2 bottles of salad dressing, a Glade candle, a pack of toilet paper (not shown) and a toothbrush.



5 comments:

  1. I need you to come back to teach me how to grocery shop like that. Seriously, I'm amazed at your deals. I'm trying the CVS thing but I don't think I'm doing as well as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get how you save that much. Please teach me your secrets. P.S. I miss James.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I am so proud of you and your saving abilities. I have started couponing and I know I mentioned it before but I need help. Do you feel like having a Holly Brittany get together? I could come over. I could even bring food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hear ya with your broken toe! I break my left one everytime we move and with another move looming in our future, Dallas is warning me to be careful!
    James is so cute! I can't believe how big he is getting!
    Are you going to go all crazy and end up on that coupon show? Share your details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope your toe is feeling better. I recognize that pasta and those chips - I was just snacking on those same chips 5 minutes ago. You did AWESOME on your grocery deal!

    ReplyDelete