We did it.
I vowed to get James off his binky by the time he turned two and I did (of course Brian made me be the bad guy). I was so terrified of it for so long but I knew it had to be done so I finally bit the bullet. All I can say is, as with all transitions in this kid's life, it wasn't all rainbows and daisies, but it wasn't the nightmare I suspected it would be either.
Naps were rough for awhile but less than a month later and we are back on track for the most part. Hallelujah!
Oddly enough, the week "the binky broke" was "Put down the Pacifier" week at Sesame Street. Just thought I'd share that tidbit.
And for anyone who is curious, this is the method we used.

Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThanks to Youtube, we're very familiar with Elmo's "bye bye binky, binky bye bye" routine. Glad you found it too. :)
I do recall seeing a blue binky at mom and dad's house that belonged to someone I know...just saying! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, you did it! It is hard and sad at the same time, but once its done, wahoo!
ReplyDelete