Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pinterest Mania and Giveaway

So I am not quite as obsessed with Pinterest as I was a few months ago, but I still manage to pin a new few things every week (er day) and usually try at least one new recipe a week.

The other day I was reorganizing my Pinterest folders, to make a separate folder for all the recipes I've actually tried (I sure wish there was an easier way to move pins around). And get this: I have made almost 100 recipes from Pinterest since I started Pinteresting nearly one year ago.

ONE HUNDRED!

And that doesn't include all the random crafts, cleaning schedules, activity ideas, etc. I have tried via Pinterest. I haven't even begun to count up those.

Either I don't have a life (okay, I confess I do not) or I just really like to cook/bake and try new things (okay, I confess I just like to eat). Some recipes were better than others. The ones that really bugged me were the ones that other people had pinned with comments like "BEST white enchiladas out there" or "BEST thing I've made on Pinterest yet!" Those were usually the ones that turned out to be my least favorite.

Go figure.

So all this Pinterest mania got me thinking that since I have no life and I am trying/doing these new things anyway, perhaps I should document my experiences. More info on that later.

Also, to honor my 100th Pinterest recipe, I will be doing my first ever blog giveaway. One lucky reader will receive a dozen of my all time favorite Pinterest-found dessert bars. If you are a local reader, they'll be Creme Brule Cheesecake bars. Holy goodness! If I have to ship them they'll be Millionaire's Shortbread bars (complete with homemade Dulce de Leche) and if the chocolate is melted when it gets to you, so be it. They will still be out of this world. If I'm feeling extra generous, I may give away both.

Come on, you know you want some . . .


Since I don't have many readers, your chances of winning are quite high. So don't be shy. All you have to do is leave me a comment telling me your favorite thing you've found on Pinterest (if you don't Pinterest, tell me your favorite food) and I'll randomly select a winner by some highly scientific method or another.

Deadline is next Friday, June 16th.

10 comments:

  1. I think I should win because I am the first to comment. And I am obsessed with pinterest. Though I've perhaps tried 3 recipes I found there. I am more big on the hairstyles I've found there. I love trying out the new updoes and fancy-shmancy pony tail ideas. Some of them are now my "go-to" hairdos...

    Also, I love your desserts. And I promise to share them, because I don't need to eat more than 1 (or 3). Please... pretty please! I'll send you something in return.

    This sounds desperate. But so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to win!!!! Unfortunately though, since I hate to cook, I have yet to make any kind of food I've found on pinterest! I pin with good intentions though!!!! Because I lack motivation to try pinterest recipes, I think I should win, to inspire me with its goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of my favorite foods I've found on pinterest were those baked fajita's...remember how we were both randomly making them the same night for dinner? I'm sure if you shipped them to OK the chocolate would be melted by the time it got here, but I'd still devour them anyway.

    P.S. I have a package to send you..I'll send you one, you send me one?! Deal? Ok, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100 recipes?! That's amazing. My favorite food that I've found is the whole wheat bread recipe that I make for our sandwiches now... though after reading this I went through your "tried and true" file and now I want to try lots of them! I'm sure I won't get around to it, but it's nice to dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I try not to get on pinterest too often since I already waste too much time on the computer, but I love looking at home decor via pinterest and one day made some super yummy, easy peanut butter, chocolate covered graham crackers. Hope I win :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So can I say my favorite was something you made I think you got from pinterest: pistachio cake. So good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've browsed a few times but haven't officially joined. I love trying new recipes so if I win how about you send me some recipes. Like your top 20? Or all 100 :). Pretty sure the creme brûlée bars would be a mess by the time they got to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. from Lorena:

    Kaddo Bourani. Can you see it on my board? If not I will email you the link. This is soooo good. But warning - it is a bit labor intensive. But, the pumpkin part is actually a very fun thing to do with a toddler. Michael loved helping me gut the pumpkin and pretend to help cut the rind (I gave him a small peice and a plastic knife and he went to town) and coat it with oil and sugar. Sooooo...I am not only giving you a recipe, but I am giving you an activity for you and James.

    It is so cold still here, I don't think anything will melt on it's way over...if you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for delicious food, especially when it's free!

    I think I'll forever be grateful I found some of the hair ideas. Some of the up-dos for short hair have saved me sooo much time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't joined yet bc of fear of addiction, but I have searched and tried (I am in denial). I am waiting to try some mint oreo brownies that I found on pinterest-does that count??

    ReplyDelete