My own mother, however, is pretty great. This post is long over due. When she came out to help with Livy she beautified and organized my home in ways that only a mother can (but obviously this mother couldn't).
First up: every time she comes I beg her to help me get planter boxes for my front porch. She finally got the hint and her last night here she came up with these beauties.
She also turned what would have been a super expensive idea of mine into something that cost much less and probably looks a lot better: a family photo framed along with the Proclamation to the Family and pictures of temples that have meant something to us.
Brian thought we needed more "churchy" pictures in our house. I concur. This picture of Christ has always been one of my favorites. I gave it to Brian for Christmas and my mom framed it for us.
And the most revolutionizing part of her visit: she organized Jamers' toys. This was long overdue. I should have done it myself years ago but my unorganized self just couldn't figure out the best way to do it. And so I did nothing instead. Aside from the last couple weeks (I'm not sure what happened), our house has been so much cleaner since. It's amazing.
Oh, and last but not least, she planted my garden for me. If that's not love, I don't know what is. Thanks, Mom!
James is just itching to pick our first tomato. Every day he asks if it's big enough.
Soooooo jealous of that garden! I can't wait until we have a yard/space to have one!
ReplyDeleteWhat is James wearing?! Oh my! Also, you know you are capable of doing all of these things yourself, but you and I both know you just like having things done for you! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, everything is still alive and growing. I wish I had a mom who would come do those things for me. Love you!
ReplyDelete