Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

To my dear dad:

Happy Birthday! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you, but I'm thinking of you and I love you!
(My dad grew up in San Francisco and as a result LOVES the Giants! He loves them so much that he takes every opportunity to go to one of their games, even though he now lives in Utah. That means flying out to D.C. and San Francisco multiple times a year just to cheer on his favorite team. This also means that whenever the Giants play the Nationals, we know we'll get to see our dad. I keep meaning to call the MLB to tell them to schedule more games here.)
(My dad and I last January. On our way to the Inauguration we decided to follow one of the many signs we've always been curious about to "Stonewall Jackson's Shrine" and this is where we ended up. Was it worth the drive there to see this tiny house that General Jackson never even lived in? Maybe not. But, it was definitely worth the time spent with my dad!)

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny. You could write a credit card commerical. "Driving to see a tiny house - worthless. Time spent with Dad - priceless."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that historical site was pretty boring but time with our children is always priceless!

    ReplyDelete