Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

It's hard to believe it has been 8 years. I have a lot of love in my heart for this great country of mine. I have so much admiration for the men and women who work to protect it. As cheesy as it sounds, the song "Proud to be an American" still gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. I pray that the leaders of our nation keep the policies in place that have kept us safe since that dreadful day 8 years ago.

Last year President Bush invited former White House staffers back to the White House for the remembrance ceremony. I knew it would be my last time at the White House before a new president took over, so I met up with my good friend Millie and we waited on the South Lawn together and reminisced about old times (we've been through a lot of craziness together). Obviously, I was not invited back this year. I'm okay with that.


(Can you see me in this picture? Hint: I'm to the back right of Mrs. Cheney holding a white paper.)

4 comments:

  1. That is fun you are in this picture! I can't believe it has been 8 years either--time is going so fast--and times are changing so fast! I really hope God does bless America--I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get goosebumps when I hear that song, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i miss the events so much! xoxo, tar

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just not the same, is it. Glad you were able to come last year.

    ReplyDelete