Friday, May 27, 2011

Late Night Thoughts

So everyone I know (okay, only dental school people) is posting about how it has been a year since graduation, a year since they moved away from Virginia, how much their life has changed, etc., so I thought I would, too.

Actually, I tried to go to bed early tonight since I'm exhausted because Jamers has had a rough night of sleep the last couple weeks (combine croup, getting new teeth, and possible fears of who knows what), which means I have, too. But still, I ended up laying in bed tossing and turning and not being able to sleep.

And then I started thinking about Virginia and how it seems forever ago that we ever lived there, and yet somehow I'll be driving down Kingston Pike in Knoxville and temporarily think I'm driving down Broad Street in Richmond (the two are remarkably similar) and not be able to find what I'm looking for and then reality hits and I remember "Uhh, Brittany, you're in Tennessee."

Duh.

And then for a brief second, it'll be a shock to my system that I'm not in Virginia anymore, because honestly, part of my heart is still there (although not necessarily in Richmond).

Well, unlike some of our friends, our lives haven't changed drastically since we moved. I mean, we live in a new place, so it's changed in that regard. But the one thing that has changed is James. In fact, he has changed a ton in the last year. A TON. He walks and talks (he repeats everything we say. Everything . . . even the bad things. Not that we say bad things, of course. And he's starting to count, which is hilarious) and he is even getting sassy with me.

Case in point:

Me: "James, do you want to go have lunch?"

James: "No!"

Me: "I really think it's lunchtime, so let's go get something to eat."

James: "I said NO!" (complete with a glare)

Seriously? Is he old enough to be that sassy?

So although I don't have any totally recent pictures to post, I did find a couple of pictures from Andrea's first visit after we moved here just to prove how much our little sassy pants has grown. Check out how little (and how big--holy thunder thighs!) he was. I miss his pre-sassy days, but am loving that he can finally tell me how he really feels, even if it's a big fat no.

4 comments:

  1. from Lorena: Haha! I laughed out loud at that. Great that he can tell you things....but definitely has its drawbacks too, huh? Maybe since he is starting the sass a bit early, he will outgrow it early too!
    Earlier today I was just imagining the conversations he and Michael are going to have when we get together this winter. It is going to be HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you guys and sweet little James. He has definitely grown a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did he really say that to you? Sheesh. If James is that sassy coming from you, it worries me how my children are going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Sassypants. Hahaha! I need to see this sassyness in person!!! Arg!

    ReplyDelete