Friday, May 20, 2011

Pet Peeves, Con't

My top 5 pet peeves for this week . . .

1. Taking the time to email someone and then getting absolutely no response--especially if you asked specific questions you needed answers to. This is irritating to me for so many reasons. First of all, hitting "reply" and typing out a simple response takes all of 10 seconds, if that, and almost zero amount of energy. Something as simple as "Got your email. Thanks" or "Thanks for the email. We'll talk later!" I mean seriously, it's not hard, people!

*(Emailing is second nature to me. I realize not everyone is as into it as I am, but still...)

2. People who don't put the toilet seat cover down after using the toilet. There is a cover for a reason and there is no excuse for not putting it down after you are done.

3. Bad customer service. I was in Walgreens the other day and was looking for a specific product. I found one of what I needed but was hoping to get at least two more. I found a salesgirl and said "Excuse me, do you have any more of these?" and held up the item in question.

She took one look at it and scowled "No" and went right back to what she was doing.

Since her response was abnormally brief and somewhat rude I stood there for a second waiting for her to continue. Because usually the polite/normal response would have been something like "No, that's all we've got. I'm sorry. We should get in more next week" or at the very least, "No, we don't. Sorry!" When I realized she had nothing more to add, I walked away laughing.

The ironic thing was that as I was checking out I realized she was the manager of the store. Seriously? How does someone with that kind of social/customer service skills get a managerial position?

Oddly enough, I've realized that most women bosses I've had over the last few years have very questionable managerial skills. I won't elaborate further on what my conclusions are to that observation.

4. I'm no fashion queen, but wearing tennis shoes with dresses or dress pants is just wrong. And I'm not talking about a cute pair of keds with a casual dress. I'm talking all out running shoes with a church dress or a suit. I'm not sure how anyone could ever think this is okay and yet I've seen it countless times since living in Tennessee.

5. Bloggers who don't punctuate correctly or at all. especially when they don't capitalize proper nouns or the first letter in each sentence. is hitting the shift key that hard? that kind of punctuation wouldn't pass in school so why do they think it's acceptable in the blog world? honestly, it's so irritating to me that i cringe when i see it.

Any one out there have any more they'd like to add?

7 comments:

  1. You're my favorite person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry now before you read my bolg, but you know me and know I can't spell and have never been able to use the right punctuation! I try! you will still love me right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the toilet seat thing too, it drives me nuts. I've discovered that it's rare if people actually DO put it down.

    The punctuation thing doesn't really bug me, but that's because people try to write their blogs in a stylish, or unique way, to give their blog personality. That's what I've discovered anyway. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It bugs me when people use the wrong words like...they was instead of they were...it hurts my ears and I wonder how they graduated from high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stand being sent those emails with "you have to forward this to 10 people or your life will be ruined forever."

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH and I don't like when someone is talking about a movie you haven't seen and you tell them you don't want to know anything about it and then they say something like "Oh I won't tell you what happens but the end is now what you would think." UMMM Great! Now I am going to be thinking the whole time that the end isn't what I think. Terrific.

    OK sorry. I am done now. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. right now I can totally relate to the pet peeve of getting no response from emails. Grrrr...

    ReplyDelete