Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Little Chunkster

Our sweet Livster is growing FAST. I weighed her the other day and she was a whopping 13 lbs! She was in the smaller/average percentiles at her last visit but I wouldn't be surprised if they've shot up by her next one. I think Brian and I produce fast growing babies. But, at least at three months Livy is actually wearing 3 month size clothing, unlike her brother who I am pretty sure was already wearing 18 monthers when he was three months (okay, he wasn't that big, but he was big).

Speaking of Jamers, he still loves his little sister. He's always sharing his blankets and stuffed animals with her, which coming from him is huge and shows how much he loves her.

At three months Livy is talking a ton, smiling lots, but you have got to work your tail off to get her to laugh. She is also a terrible sleeper and getting worse by the day. She is probably worse at night now than when she was a newborn. I didn't know babies could regress like this. Anyone else have a baby who did this? I swear, last night I was up with her at least five times. It's terrible. A few weeks ago she was sleeping 7 hour stretches consistently but that has gone out the window this week. Luckily, she's cute, otherwise I might not have as much patience. Her naps are okay but nothing great. Morning naps are way too short (unless we go for a drive somewhere, than she is out) but she usually takes a good afternoon one. One thing she is better at than James is going down to sleep. Usually you can just lay her down awake and she can fall asleep on her own. That is a breath of fresh air compared with James who we always had to either hold until he was asleep or lay next to him until he was asleep.

She's still got the crazy hair (the Kramer hair as Andrea calls it), but we love it. She's also still got blue eyes and I'm crossing my fingers they stay that way!


5 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!! Lillie was 13 lbs at her 6 mo visit! Livy is shooting up! She's so cute and scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of Alivia and James with his stuffed animals and blankets is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both my kids regressed a few times and it was always a growth spurt that went away... you just have to hang on until it passes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my kid is already 11lbs and he's only 6 weeks old...he'll have Livy beat for sure by the time he's three months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those chubster cheeks! I love it!

    ReplyDelete