Thank goodness we're not forever our 18-year-old selves. I liked myself back then just fine, but I needed those 10 years to grow up and discover what life is really all about.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
10 Years . . .
10 years. TEN! One whole decade. No matter how you say it, I graduated from high school that many years ago. Last week was my 10-year high school reunion. That sure makes me sound old, but I don't feel the slightest bit old. Even though I happened to be in Utah the same weekend as the reunion, I decided not to go for many reasons. The main one being that I was pretty much over high school the day I graduated, so I had absolutely no desire to go. But other factors also came into play: I just hit my 7th month of pregnancy, my fingers are so swollen that I can no longer wear my wedding ring, and my husband was back in Virginia. Yeah, there was no way I was going to put myself in that situation (sounds like one of those "you might be a redneck if . . . "type situations--no thanks!).
Thank goodness we're not forever our 18-year-old selves. I liked myself back then just fine, but I needed those 10 years to grow up and discover what life is really all about.
Thank goodness we're not forever our 18-year-old selves. I liked myself back then just fine, but I needed those 10 years to grow up and discover what life is really all about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe it's been that long. Weird. But so glad.
ReplyDeleteBut just imagine the gossip you could have started! "Did you see Brittany?! Pregnant and the fathers not even around..."
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're not you're same self anymore...you've done some GREAT growing up.
ReplyDeletehaha, you're so funny. There is no way I am going to mine. I mean, if I wanted to see those people, I would call them up. But I don't want to see them, so I don't call. You could have started some good rumors though......
ReplyDeleteFrom Lorena:
ReplyDeleteI was going to say you should have just gone to it anyway, but then I realized that I actually quite liked high school and still didn't care too much about going to mine, and I guess I wouldn't want to go in this state either! I'm glad you had a fun time at your shower though and wish I could have been there for that. Good luck on the next couple months - you'll be a proud mama of chuck before you know it!
I so wish I hadn't gone to mine...it was so lame!!! So I am sure you didn't miss much!!! Your grad. pic. is so cute:)
ReplyDeleteYou are so adorable!
ReplyDelete